What is the FEDRIP Database?
The Federal Research In Progress (FEDRIP) Database provides access to information about ongoing federally funded projects in the fields of the physical sciences, engineering, and life sciences. The ongoing research announced in FEDRIP is an important component to the technology transfer process in the U.S.; FEDRIP's uniqueness lies in its structure as a non- bibliographic information source of research in progress. Project descriptions generally include: project title, keywords, start date, estimated completion date, principal investigator, performing and sponsoring organizations, summary, and progress report. Record content varies depending on the source agency.
Who Should Access the FEDRIP Database and Why?
Anyone needing to keep informed about federally sponsored research projects in the fields of the physical, engineering, and life sciences.
Use FEDRIP to:
- Avoid research duplication
- Locate sources of support
- Identify leads in the literature
- Stimulate ideas for planning
- Identify gaps in areas of investigation
- Locate individuals with expertise
- Complement searches of completed research
What Agencies Contribute to FEDRIP?
- Department of Agriculture (AGRIC Subfile)
- Department of Energy (ENRGY Subfile)
- Department of Veterans Affairs (VA Subfile)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA Subfile)
- Federal Highway Administration (FHWA Subfile)
- National Institutes of Health (CRISP Subfile)
- NASA (NASA Subfile)
- National Science Foundation (NSF Subfile)
- U.S. Geological Survey (USGS Subfile)
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NBS Subfile)
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC Subfile)
- Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR Subfile)
Where Can I Access FEDRIP?*
The Database is available via several commercial services. Please contact the following organizations for more information:
- DIALOG (The DIALOG Corporation)
- EBSCO Publishing
- Knowledge Express Data Systems
- NERAC, Inc.
*Database coverage and pricing may vary
The FEDRIP Database can also be leased directly from NTIS. If you plan extensive use of the Database, or are interested in distributing the Database via your host system, please contact NTIS Customer Service at (703) 605-6515 for more information.