PrimeForce Solutions Inc. (PFS)
PrimeForce Solutions, Inc. (PFS) markets and implements Focus Corporation’s VISION software exclusively to the Federal Government. Our team has extensive hands-on experience in working across all segments of the Analysis, Design, Develop, Implement, and Evaluate (ADDIE) and Systematic Approach to Training (SAT) models. We can work with your trainers and Instructional System Design (ISD) team to provide a smooth and successful migration and implementation process.
VISION– SAT based Learning and Performance Support
VISION is a highly evolved suite of software modules used by training organizations since 1985 to design, develop, deploy and maintain enterprise-training systems in high consequence industries such as nuclear power generation, aviation, security, and bulk electric transmission.
VISION helps training organizations design, develop, deploy and maintain enterprise-training systems.
VISION has unique capabilities that can assist Federal training organizations in a variety of settings, such as law enforcement and security, where maintaining the ADDIE foundation and task-to-training matrix is critical.
The VISION program allows agencies to perform the following tasks using a robust set of embedded Instructional System Design (ISD) tools and guidance to improve and facilitate the process. It then stores the products as individual learning objects in a relational database that maintains vital connections throughout the training curriculum, allows easy drag/drop reuse of content, and provides true blended learning and just-in-time (JIT) performance support capabilities:
- Conduct analysis and design activities
- Develop instructional content
- Share and reuse information
- Generate training, examination, and qualification materials
- Maintain auditable ‘vertical slice integrity’
- Keep it all up to date
- Web Based Training (WBT) and True Blended Learning
- Develop instructional content - In each learning objective in VISION, the instructional designer creates content using Word and PPT (such as OJT Guides, Instructor and Student Guides, slides for classroom training, outlines for mentoring sessions, etc.). One of these content items would be the specifications, such as storyboards, for WBT content to be created in an authoring tool.
- Author WBT - In an authoring tool such as Course Avenue, another NTIS JVP, the developer follows the specification to author WBT content (including interactive content) aligned with the learning objective and publishes it in HTML.
- Import WBT to VISION for an integrated blended learning program Easily import the HTML WBT content object into the VISION learning objective to be used and reused in multiple training units. In the VISION program workbench these training units can be arranged in curricula that provide the optimal blend of each type of training. Using VISION’s advanced test generation capabilities the instructional designer can also deploy paper-based and online assessments that are consistent with one another and provide an accurate evaluation of the blended program’s effectiveness.
- VISION helps agency instructional design professionals conduct and document the analysis and design activities that are inherent in the development of performance-based training systems.
- VISIONenables agency instructional designers to develop content for each objective in the design structure using (optional) instructional design strategies, embedded advice and templates. As a result, each objective is an independent ‘learning object.’
- VISIONwill help agency trainers share information across programs to consolidate the effort and minimize redundancy. For example: sharing tasks that are ‘cross-trained’ across job positions; sharing competencies that support multiple occupations, producing lessons in more than one medium from the same content; reusing content in one course to expedite development of another; or producing tests from a common test ‘bank,’ based on common questions for the objectives.
- VISIONallows agency instructors and qualification evaluators to ‘generate’ training and qualification materials on demand, directly from the instructional database. Examples include: qualification checklists; work procedures; instructor guides; student materials; self-study guides; exams; and web-based training programs and exams.
- VISIONestablishes ‘links’ between the data elements such as tasks, skills, competencies, objectives, test questions and lessons. These connections comprise ‘trails’ or pathways. The system can traverse the pathways to trace from a task to objectives to lessons and back again. Intact pathways represent vertical slice integrity between the job performance (tasks) and the training solutions, i.e., the task-to-training matrix.
- Because the system can traverse the pathways to all associated components in the training system, VISION can help agency instructional designers find the impact of a change. For example, if they link a governing standard operating procedure (SOP) to several tasks, and if that procedure changes, VISION can traverse the pathways to identify all of the potentially affected objectives, lesson content and test questions for the instructional designer.
- VISION's toolset helps the instructional designer develop a variety of content types including the specifications for WBT. This capability improves the WBT development process by allowing the ISD to create specifications for high-quality WBT content that remains substantively aligned with the other training materials: