We Can Help You Acheive 508 Conformance in any of the following 508 sections:
- Software applications and operating systems (1194.21)
- Web based intranet / internet information and applications (1194.22)
- Telecom products (1194.23 )
- Multimedia and video products (1194.24 )
- EIT machines - Self contained, closed products (1194.25 )
- Computers - Desktop and portable (1194.2)
On August 7, 1998, President Clinton signed into law the Workforce Investment Act of 1998 (also known as Public Law 105 220), which includes the Rehabilitation Act Amendments of 1998 (also known as Title IV of the Act).
Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act Amendments requires that when Federal agencies develop, procure, maintain, or use electronic and information technology, they shall ensure that the electronic and information technology allows Federal employees with disabilities to have access to and use of information and data that is comparable to the access to and use of information and data by Federal employees who are not individuals with disabilities, unless an undue burden would be imposed on the agency.
Section 508 also requires that individuals with disabilities, who are members of the public seeking information or services from a Federal agency, have access to and use of information and data that is comparable to that provided to the public who are not individuals with disabilities.