What is the NTIS Database?
Containing over 2.0 million bibliographic records, the NTIS Database is the preeminent resource for accessing the latest research sponsored by the United States and select foreign governments. The Database represents billions of dollars in research. Contents include research reports, computer products, software, video cassettes, audio cassettes and more. The complete electronic file dates back to 1964. On average, NTIS has added over 60,000 new records per year to the Database over the past ten years. Most records include abstracts.
Access to the NTIS Database is available through
- Commercial Services (access mediums and pricing will vary). Please contact these organizations directly.
- Direct Lease from NTIS. Contact the NTIS Office of Product Management (703) 605-6515.
Who Should Access the NTIS Database and Why?
Anyone needing timely, in-depth access to government sponsored research will find the Database invaluable! Use the database to:
- Stay alert of the latest government sponsored research
- Access the subject specific information you need when you need it most
- Retrieve information that is difficult to find from any other source
- Identify valuable research reports, computer products, video cassettes, audio cassettes, and software.
Once identified in the NTIS Database, most items are available for purchase directly from NTIS!
Subject coverage includes