NTIS subscriptions provide you an easy way to stay current with important government information on a timely basis. For more information about subscriptions available at NTIS, visit our Subscriptions Web page.
Subscription orders must be placed in writing via mail, fax, or e-mail.
NTIS Subscriptions Department
(703) 605-6060 (8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m., EST, M-F)
FAX: (703) 605-6880
National Technical Information Service
ATTN: Subscriptions Department
5301 Shawnee Road
Alexandria, VA 22312
To allow us to process your subscription order more quickly, please be sure to include the subscription title and/or order number, method of payment, and shipping address.
- Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover)
- NTIS Deposit Account
- Check or Money Order payble to NTIS in U.S. dollars drawn on a U.S. bank, an international bank with a U.S. address on the check, or a Canadian bank
- More Information »
Regularly Issued Subscriptions
Most NTIS subscriptions are issued annually. Once your subscription has expired, it will not automatically be renewed. However, we will notify you before the expiration date of your subscription and remind you to renew.
NTIS classifies some subscriptions as ongoing. Important facts about ongoing subscriptions are:
- Annual costs are only estimates since the actual number of issues usually cannot be guaranteed.
- Ongoing subscriptions are released on an irregular basis by the Government agency providing the information.
- Ongoing subscriptions have no expiration date. They continue until written notification (e-mail, fax, or mail) is received requesting cancellation of your subscription. Only products shipped after the date of cancellation of your ongoing subscription can be credited to your account.
- Upon the start of an ongoing subscription, you will be sent the next available issue, unless the service requires a current manual and all releases to date.
- Payment options for an ongoing subscription are limited to credit card or NTIS Deposit Account. Your account will incur charges whenever an issue is shipped.
The two most common problems customers encounter with ongoing subscriptions are:
- Customers forget to maintain funds in their NTIS Deposit Account or to provide NTIS with their new credit card expiration date. This may result in the temporary suspension of your subscription until your account is corrected with NTIS.
- Customers forget that once an ongoing subscription is placed, issues continue to be sent and charged to their credit card or NTIS Deposit Account until written notification is received requesting cancellation.
- Submit your request in writing to the above address, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax to 703-605-6880.
- Include the following information: name, address, telephone number, Customer Master Number, title of your subscription, and the action to be taken such as cancellation (include the reason why) or address change.
Upon receipt of your request to cancel your subscription service a refund of the balance remaining will be sent to you by the U.S. Treasury or a credit will be issued to your credit card, depending upon your original method of payment. If your order was charged to your Deposit Account, the refund will be made to your Deposit Account. If you wish to close your Deposit Account, please state that in your cancellation request. To receive a refund, requests for subscription cancellations must be received at least six months prior to the subscriptions expiration date.
Ongoing subscription accounts are charged only as items are shipped and are, therefore, not subject to refunds. Once you cancel your ongoing subscription, no additional products will be shipped.