Online ordering with NTIS is safe and secure. NTIS uses the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) security system, which is widely accepted as the Internet security standard. When you submit your credit card number, it is encrypted so your information is secure as it travels across the Internet.
For online orders NTIS accepts payment by major credit card or NTIS deposit account. For these and other payment options, please read below.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. Your credit card is not charged until your order has been shipped with the exception of orders for subscription products or those fulfilled off-site.
To receive a credit card receipt for your purchase, after it has shipped, e-mail your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-605-6600. Preparation of receipt may take up to 3 working days.
Download an application form in PDF format. (To download this file directly to your computer, press the link above while holding the SHIFT key for PC's, the Option key for Macs.)
An NTIS deposit account is a convenient debit account service that makes it easy to order from NTIS. The advantages include:
- An account number to simplify all ordering--by Web, telephone, fax, online, or mail
- Monthly statements with detailed transactions and routing information
- An established account records all your transactions--you'll know at a glance what you've ordered and when.
For only $25 per quarter, you can use this convenient debit account service.
For more information, call our Deposit Account Office at (703) 605-6630, Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m., ET.
Using a Deposit Account for Online Ordering
To charge an online order using your NTIS Deposit Account, you must pre-register with us. We will set up a User ID, password, and if necessary a PIN number. The User ID adds an important level of security as well as allowing customers to have different shipping addresses and sub-accounts. Call the NTIS Deposit Account Office at (703)-605-6630 to register. We will mail your User ID and password to the address of record for your deposit account. If you need to place an order before you receive these numbers, please call our Sales Desk.
We accept checks or money orders payable to NTIS in U.S. dollars drawn on a U.S.
bank, an international bank with a U.S. address on the check; or a Canadian bank.
If you provide us a check to make your payment, your check will be converted into
an electronic fund transfer.
Please send payment with your order to:
National Technical Information Service
U.S. Department of Commerce
5301 Shawnee Rd,
Alexandria, VA 22312
NTIS will gladly bill your order, for an additional fee of $15.00
- A request to be billed must be on a purchase order or company letterhead.
- An authorizing signature, contact name, telephone number and TIN (Tax Identification Number) should be included with this request.
- Requests may be mailed to the above address or faxed to (703)-605-6900.
- This option IS NOT available for Web ordering or for any subscription orders.